Sunday, January 30, 2011

What is hotter than jorts?

This week was a bit of a struggle - lesson learned: running on less than 5 hours of sleep generally doesn't go so well.  However, I did get in 4 (short) runs during the work week and it was a beautiful Carolina weekend, which helped the Saturday run motivation. Hopefully, February is a bit more weather and schedule friendly. 

Speaking of February, after we finished our first friendship run through Piedmont Park in Atlanta (and popped a bottle of champagne in celebration), it was my job to share our next run, which will take place in Charlotte in February.  Again, February was a bit weak in terms of scheduled events (except for Valentine's Day weekend- which I wasn't sure Julia's BF would be in favor of) so it was my job to set a course and a theme around the Queen City.

The location was easy - Charlotte has a great 5K run near uptown called the Booty Loop.  The theme required a bit more thought.  I obviously thought a bootylicious theme would be hilarious, but I also knew that might not be Julia's thing. Thinking back to our first major Charlotte adventure at the Coca-Cola 600, I decided to go with something a bit more fitting for both of us.

Redneck Run on the Booty Loop.  Which just may have to be followed with a stop at the Nascar Hall of Fame. and a PBR. 


No comments:

Post a Comment