Saturday, January 15, 2011

Countdown: One week . . .

From our very earliest law school days, there's been one thing that Doolittle and I have always agreed on. Everything is more fun with a theme. Accordingly, we thought it only appropriate to add a theme and/or costume attire to as many races as possible during this race year. I'm honored that Doo has granted me sole authority to select the theme for this most-important Inaugural Race. And the theme is . . . drumroll . . .


It's predictable and corny, I know, but I love everything about this decade. The wonderfully tacky fashion, the cheesy pop tunes, the huge hair, the gaudy makeup, etc. Plus, as we all know, no one looked better breaking a sweat than Jane Fonda.

That's inspiration.

Today was 30-minute cross-train. I chose the elliptical this week. None of the impact, all of the cardio. Tomorrow is Sunday Funday Long-run-day. I'm doubling up the first four weeks of my 12-week training program so once again, I'm shooting for a 4-miler. I think Saturday's impending race fun will provide just the motivation I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment