Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday, Funday, Long-run-day

Sunday. Funday. Long-run-day. On the agenda: 4 miles.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I came so very close to pushing back long-run-day to Monday. It was coooold. I had already been for two pretty lengthy puppy-walks. It was cold. TBS was airing some pretty classic, girlie films yesterday afternoon . . .

No. Shoes on. Ipod charged. To the gym I go.

Musings from 4-miler:
1. I need to drink more water. Way more. Lots more.
2. Sweat towels are a plus and should never be inadvertently left at home.
3. Jackson Browne's "Runnin' on Empty" is a run-saving song when you have zero energy and one mile left to go. I am Forrest Gump.

Today is Stretch & Strengthen. But it's Monday Snowday! Maybe I'll put my 5-lb. hand weights to use later on, while continuing to plow through the first season of The Wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment