Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Digging out . . .

Snow Day, Day 3. It's the South, and obviously we Southerners have no clue how to deal with wintry precipitation having this kind of staying power. I've basically been holed up since Monday, minus a couple of walks down the street for necessities from the corner market (contact solution and Ben & Jerry's, among other things) and a breakfast bonanza at one of my Midtown favorites, The Flying Biscuit.

The goal for today: Dig out. Gym. 3 miles.

My boyfriend Ben and I headed to my Rav 4. Although the gym is only .4 of a mile from my apartment, I think the high for today was somewhere around 25 degrees. Not only am I huge wimp when it comes to temperatures (did I mention I'm from Mississippi?), I didn't see any need to risk a massive fall on the icy sidewalks.

Stuck, stuck, stuck. Dig, dig, dig. Scrape, scrape, scrape. Stuck, stuck, stuck. Ice 1, Rav 0.

Luckily, Ben's Hyundai fared a little better. Colony Square, here we come!

I must say, 3 miles on the treadmill did wonders for this little case of cabin fever. I played a little bit with speeds this time to keep things interesting, and the quicker paces felt really good. My legs definitely needed the stretch after two days of couch time.

Tonight, it's corner-market-brownie-mix brownies, remainder of Ben & Jerry's pint, and ABC TV.

Come on, snow. Melt, melt, melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment