Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New job, new schedule...

Getting up ridiculously early before work to run has its advantages. Example: today, as I was sitting at my desk, one of the only things that did not add to my stress level for the day was the the fact that "Run" already had a big ol' check mark next to it on my Tuesday to-do list.

It does, on the other hand, lead to gigantic amounts of lunch appetite and the inevitable 2:00 p.m. crash. It's a give-and-take, I guess.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. These first two weeks have been doozies. It's all about getting adjusted to the new schedule. And I think I'm getting there ... slowly.

Due to said doozy-two-week-period, I've decided to restart my 12-week training program (good thing I had it padded so heavily to begin with...). As of this week, there is officially 13 weeks to first big race of the year (CMHM!). As of last night, I am officially registered for first big race of the year. Who's excited?

This morning whilst treadmilling, I really enjoyed listening to some non-traditional work-out music, which I do fairly often (by non-traditional, I mean non-Britney, non-Kayne, etc.) Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hip-hop and rap genres just as much as the next girl when breaking a sweat. But variety is the spice of life. Just a few for your consideration:

Yeasayer: Ambling Alp
Ra Ra Riot: Boy
The National: Abel, Lit Up, Fake Empire, Brainy, Slow Show, Apartment Story, Bloodbuzz Ohio (can you tell they're my favorite band of the moment?)
Cold War Kids: Hang Me Out To Dry
Passion Pit: Sleepyhead
Airborne Toxic Event: Gasoline
Black Keys: Everlasting Light

Give me a driving beat, and I'm good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment