Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Figuring out this Adult Thing. . .

As Julia pointed out, this running resolution has been a bit challenging to fit around the work schedule.  And while Julia is trying to find the motivation to go to the gym in the morning, I am trying to find the willpower not to drive straight by the gym on my way home from work.  This Monday, it was a perfect skip the gym, put on your PJs and jump under the covers kind of night.  After a 70 degree weekend, it was rainy, cold and just plain yuck.  Plus, my work day hadn't been too enjoyable.  So I promised myself ice cream if I made it through 4 miles.  That was just the trick to get me on the treadmill and my new Redneck Run themed playlist did the rest. . .Highlights:

Gimme that Girl - Joe Nichols
She Won't Be Lonely Long- Clay Walker
Turn on the Radio - Reba McEntire
 Big Green Tractor - Jason Aldean
Put You in a Song - Keith Urban
This - Darius Rucker

Ok, ok... I also threw in some hip -hop to finish out the run . . .Kush by Dr. Dre and Buzzin' by Mann.

Surprisingly, the country music has kept me on track so far this week - however, tomorrow morning I will have to pull a Julia and try the gym early.  My Thunder Road playlist might have to come back for that one.

In good news, it has come to our attention that Pat Green will be performing the same weekend as our Redneck Run.  Perfect Celebration for making it through Friendship Run # 2?  I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment