Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Young hearts, be free tonight...

I haven't posted in a while....this is because, up until tonight, I haven't had much good news to report from the running front. Getting up at 5:00 a.m. wasn't happening unless I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. sharp. The alternative of running after work was not going well at all. I tried a couple of times. After 10 hours of office-sitting, my body was shocked into aerobic activity and basically rejected the whole thing entirely...

Not so this evening! Something had to change with the way I was carrying out my work days. So, I made a concerted effort today to (a) drinks lots and lots of water, (2) limit the caffeine intake, and (d) eat a sizeable lunch plus afternoon snack around 3:00ish.

And it worked wonders. Tonight's run felt amazing. I'm back in the game!

New idea: making a new playlist timed for each run. 4 miles, 40 minute playlist. It's like the cool-down song is the finish line. I realize it's head game, but hey - whatever works, right?

Favorites from tonight's playlist:
Black Keys - Howlin' for You
Rod Stewart - Young Turks (what a beat!)
Rooney - When Did Your Heart Go Missing?
Avett Brothers - Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise (highly inspirational lyrics)
Bieber: Baby (that's right. i'm only a little bit embarrassed.)

Upcoming: DooFen Do Charlotte. Race #2 of 2011. Old law school pals, running the Booty Loop, Texas country, the perfect chance to wear my cowboy boots, and honoring our past presidents...

Can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment