Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wave on Wave

This week has been been a long one between Valentines Day (or in my case, Singles Awareness Day), a stressful work week and fighting off the winter illness that is being passed around my office.  However, the thought of Fenwick's (and Amos') upcoming trip to the Queen City helped me push through this week's runs.  Ok, and I had to burn off some Valentines Day chocolate.

With the highly anticipated redneck run quickly approaching,  this week I mixed a long run with some speed work outs.  And much to my surprise, regardless of my lingering cold, all of the runs went pretty well.   I think we are more than ready to face the booty loop on Saturday.  New favorite songs on repeat?  Chris Brown - Look at Me Now, Miguel - Sure Thing and the new country addition, Lover, Lover - Jerrod Niemann. 

The post run celebration?  Champagne (of course), BBQ at a biker bar (only fitting for a redneck run!) and dragging out the cowboy boots for Pat Green.  Obviously, Pat and some other country favorites will be featured on the playlist for Saturday's run.  Apparently, some of our other law school friends want to add a trip to the Gun Show in as well.  Nothing like a weekend in the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment