Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Runnin' Down a Dream

First Update:  In addition to our February run featuring a Pat Green concert experience, I have been informed that it is also the weekend of the Gun Show here in Charlotte.  The Redneck theme definitely was the right selection.  I hope Julia is ready for all of this excitement.  New country song added to the playlist in honor of this month's run - Smoke a little Smoke by Eric Church.

So we recently hit the 12 week Nashvegas countdown, as I was reminded by  a number of emails from other Nashville Half participants.  Last fall, I made the mistake of buying new running shoes approximately two weeks before the Thunder Road Half.  Bad idea.  Thus, new shoes are the next big pay date purchase. 

Like most girls, I am easily distracted by pretty things and have selected most of my athletic shoes based on color.  Obviously, not the wisest decision, especially when entering the running world.  After two failed attempts at picking out running shoes on my own, I finally went to a running store to see one of the "experts".  After watching me run (barefoot), a serious question and answer session, measurements and running around in about 12 different pairs of shoes, I ended up leaving with a more expensive version of the same shoe I ran my first half in.  Not that I haven't been happy with the expert's selection, but I might have been secretly wishing for something more flashy (don't worry - I am not on the Vibram edge yet).  Probably because the expert had me try on the shoe below as one of possible selections.

While I was not distracted by the pink shoe last time, I am afraid that it might win me over on my upcoming shopping excursion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment