Monday, April 11, 2011

My Apology to Ms. Fenwick

Dear Ms. Fenwick,

Congratulations on finishing a (hilly) 15K this weekend!  I am so proud of you. 

On a side note, I owe you numerous apologies for my failure to post on the blog, my lackluster attempts at sticking to the "plan" the past few weeks (closings are the beast!) and overall lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming Half. 

To get excited for the next 3 weeks of final training before Nashville, I had a running themed weekend.  First, I joined our friend Bum for a jog through Myers Park.  We have already scheduled a repeat for next weekend.  Second, I bought myself a new pair of running shoes.  Apparently, me and Asics have issues, as this was the second pair that I worn holes in the toes well before their time.  Photos to follow.  Anyway, after some research on my overpronation and low arch (I felt like a runner when I used those terms at the shoe store) I purchased my first pair of Brooks.  They are heaven!  I set out for a short run in them Sunday, expecting to have buyer's remorse.  Next thing you know, I am over an hour in and the next town over.  I kid you not.  Long run, check!

Today was another successful run - I am so back in the game. Next step - picking out amazing outfits for our trip to Nashville!

Anyway, I hope this demonstrates my renewed enthusiasm for FenDoo.  I am super excited to see you in Nashville and will be back to a regular posting schedule. 

Love,
Doo

No comments:

Post a Comment